| Private Equity and Exit Planning—A Mechanism to Unlock Shareholder Liquidity
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: One (1) Hour
Fields of Study: Accounting
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
In this webinar, attendees will learn how private equity groups (PEGs) select investments, how they value those businesses, and how to identify various types of transactions. Additionally, several case studies will be used as examples.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Formulate a direct correlation between small-deal private equity and exit planning
- Cite the core drivers of valuation multiples
- Use small-deal private equity as a tool to unlock shareholder value
- Create shareholder/equity value and better position the company for exit
- Assess and identify various transaction types commonly attractive to private equity
- Explain how to cash out a portion of the founder’s ownership who will continue to control operations
- Recommend how to take cash off the table for the retiring owner and position the next (family) generation to succeed
- Arrange how to bring on an investor to fund a management buyout and/or aggressive growth
Who Should Attend
Valuation practitioners, CPAs, accountants, business advisors, middle market business owners, controllers, CEOs, CFOs, financial advisors, attorneys, estate planners, wealth managers, investment bankers, business brokers, insurance professionals, M&A advisors, commercial lenders, and any financial professional or advisor who works with business owners or would like a more advanced understanding of value acceleration and the exit planning industry.
Mr. Kyle Madden is a vice president with KLH Capital and leads the firm’s business development efforts. He serves on the board of directors for Mid-State Machine and Fabricating and Data Display Systems. Prior to joining the private equity group in 2009, he was involved in a variety of brokerage-related capacities within the insurance industry. An active member of the industry, he serves on the board of directors of the M&A Source and was the 2013 chairman of the Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA).
Mr. Madden is a native of Amherst, New Hampshire. He graduated from the University of Tampa’s John H. Sykes College of Business with a bachelor of science degree in finance