Important Webinar Information—FAQs
Below is some important information that will help explain how a CTI Webinar works and the steps you will be taking prior to and following a Webinar.
Short for Web-based seminar, a Webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop, or seminar that is transmitted over the web. A key feature of a Webinar is its interactive elements—the ability to give, receive, and discuss information. Information is two-way and allows interaction between the presenter and attendees.
Webinars offer exceptional convenience and are very cost effective. No travel is required, and they are ideal for brown-bag lunch training. All attendees can earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit for participating in the Webinar, (e.g., a two-hour webinar = two CPE credits).
Webinar attendees will receive all course materials that the presenter will use by e-mail prior to the Webinar. Attendees will also be able to view the instructor's PowerPoint (PPT) slides during the Webinar.
Our online Webinars are live interactive learning experiences. Attendees are able to ask questions and get answers in real time.
Who’s Who in a Webinar
- The Webinar Moderator begins the Webinar, conducts online polling questions, and announces the instructions and reminders (also referred to as “housekeeping” items).
- Webinar Presentersdeliver the informational content of the Webinar and are responsible for creation of all presentation materials (PPT slides, handouts, etc.).
- Webinar Attendeesregister for Webinars and receive informational e-mails with Webinar Login instructions and Webinar Materials. On the day of the Webinar, attendees simply click on their e-mailed Login Link to attend the Webinar.
Homework or Prerequisites
If any preparation is required prior to the Webinar, it will be communicated via e-mail upon registration. Also, the marketing materials will contain this information.
Upon registration, it is vitally important that you watch your e-mail box for important e-mails about your Webinar. Please check your Spam and Junk folders as sometimes e-mails will be delivered there.
After the Webinar—CPE Credit
Every live Webinar presentation will include periodic online “polling questions” to assess continuous participation. Attendees must respond to all “polling questions” in the Webinar presentation in order to be awarded NASBA/NACVA-qualified CPE. Attendees that respond to all “polling questions” will be verified and sent an e-mail when CPE records are updated on our website, within 7–10 business days.
If You Miss a Webinar
If you miss or know that you will need to miss any of the Webinars for which you have registered, please:
- Send an e-mail to webinar@theCTI.com. Include your name, the date(s), and title(s) of the Webinar(s).
- At the Webinar’s conclusion, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the recording of the Webinar and a quiz so you can view the recording and obtain NACVA CPE*.
*Note: Because you will be listening to a recording of the session and not viewing a “live” Webinar with polling questions, you will receive a quiz to complete. Please complete the quiz and return to CTI. If the participant has achieved a passing grade, he or she will be mailed a CPE certificate. CPE credit obtained will be NACVA CPE and not NASBA QAS CPE. Therefore, individuals should contact their state board or accrediting organization as they have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Many of our webinars are presented as part of a multi-day series on a specific topic. For some webinars, you can register for individual days in the series so you can attend only selected topics for which you have an interest. As you register for an event, it will indicate if you can purchase individual days. As an incentive to attend multiple days in the series, there are bundle discounts available:
- Purchase Two Webinars—Save 5% on all webinars
- Purchase Three Webinars—Save 10% on all webinars
- Purchase Four Webinars—Save 15% on all webinars
- Purchase Five Webinars—Save 20% on all webinars
The event registration will indicate the promotion codes to use to apply these discounts. These discounts are in addition to any early registration discounts available.
For further information, contact us at (800) 677-2009 or via e-mail at webinar@theCTI.com. We are happy to assist you.