Breaking News—International Valuation Glossary–Business Valuation
In a joint effort with several global Valuation Professional Organizations (VPOs), the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CBV Institute) chaired a collaboration to co-publish the updated International Valuation Glossary – Business Valuation. This glossary has been developed as part of ongoing efforts to harmonize definitions for business valuation and intangible asset terms. Members of our Standards Board and GACVA Advisory Council supported initial tasks associated with this project. Feedback is invited until January 31, 2021. CLICK HERE to participate.
Compilation of FAQs providing guidance from NACVA’s Standards Board.
Industry Standards and Ethics Video Bulletin
Business Valuation Standards Resource Tools
Exclusive NACVA | GACVA member benefit
Professional Standards Downloads
Business Valuation/Appraisal Standards Comparison Chart (PDF – 1/31/2020)
NACVA’s New Professional Standards (PDF) (Effective June 1, 2017)
Business Valuation/Appraisal Standards Comparison Chart (PDF) (Published June 1, 2018)
International Business Valuation/Appraisal Standards Comparison Chart (PDF) (Published June 1, 2018)
NACVA's Professional Standards (PDF) (Revised to include Review Standards) (Effective August 1, 2015)
NACVA and IBA Memberships Ratify Standards Unification (Effective June 1, 2011)
NACVA's Professional Standards (PDF) (For engagements accepted on or after June 1, 2011)
NACVA's Professional Standards (Word) (For engagements accepted on or after June 1, 2011)
Summary of Changes to NACVA's New Standards (PDF) (Effective June 1, 2011)
NACVA's Standards Announcement (PDF) (For valuations performed after January 1, 2008 and prior to June 1, 2011)
Summary of Changes to NACVA’s Standards (PDF) (Effective January 1, 2008)
NACVA's Professional Standards—Effective January 1, 2008 (PDF) (For valuations performed after January 1, 2008 and prior to June 1, 2011)
NACVA Professional Standards (PDF) - Effective May 31, 2002 (For valuations performed prior to December 31, 2007)
- Ethics for Valuators...What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
- Economic Recovery’s Effect on Ethics
- Someone Has Filed a Complaint Against You With NACVA…Now What?
- Professional Oversight—NACVA's Monitoring Process
- Business Valuation is NOT the Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Integrity—Ethics Oversight Board Message
- How Well Do You Know Our General and Ethical Standards?
- Ethics in Cyber Security: WWW in Reference to Cyber Security Does Not Mean What You Think!
- Have You Seen NACVA’s General and Ethical Standards?
- Value of Professional Standards and Ethical Behavior
- The Next Generation of Ethical Leadership
- Key Ethical Considerations for Forensic Accountants/Expert Witnesses
- Do Ethical Principles Matter in a Business Valuation?
Industry Standards and Ethics
Current Update in Valuations
Report Writing: Review and Analysis
Litigation Report Writing Workshop
Best Practices in Business Valuation—A Practical Approach to Advanced Issues and Applications
NACVA's Ethics Policies and Procedures (PDF)
NACVA Certificant Complaint Form
IRS Business Valuation Guidelines (PDF)
International Glossary of Business Valuation Terms (PDF)
Institute of Business Appraisers
Institute of Business Appraisers (Effective January 1, 2021)