NACVA has five Committees:
- Annual Conference
- Business Development
- Q&A Review and Development
- CVA Exam and Grading Team
- State Chapters
- The number of Committee members may be limited by the EAB if, in its opinion, the Committee size needs to be restricted to help it function more efficiently.
- HQ will assign Committee Chairs.
- Each Committee will receive assignments if relevant matters are before it, which is expected to be at least annually. This directive will come from HQ or the Board to which they report (Overseeing Board).
- A liaison from HQ and/or the Committee’s Overseeing Board will be assigned each year to help facilitate Committee activity.
- Committee Chairs, assignments, and liaisons will generally be communicated from HQ each year to all Committee members.
- Committee rosters will be updated annually and forwarded to Committee Chairs.
- Committee Chairs will have the responsibility to initiate and coordinate periodic phone conferences with members as deemed necessary to accomplish assignments for the year or given a period of time in which assignments need to be completed.
- HQ will set up and pay for the phone conferences.Committee Chairs need to coordinate these meetings through HQ. A contact person from HQ is assigned to each Committee. The contact person will schedule the conference call with NACVA’s conferencing center; however, the Committee Chairs are responsible for sending documentation to members, i.e., date and time, agenda, minutes from previous meeting, other support materials, etc.
- Committee participation is voluntary and unpaid. Members may note their participation on their curriculum vitae and will, from time to time, receive special acknowledgement in the Association News.
- Committee decisions, recommendations, and initiatives can be made by a majority of those present at a meeting. Quorums are not applicable. NACVA’s goal with the Committees is to elicit constructive, well thought out, deliberated ideas and suggestions from the membership. The Committee structure provides an avenue in which this type of input is possible.