Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) Workshop
|Program Description||Live and Online Schedule|
|How You Will Benefit||Pricing and CPE|
|Who Should Attend|
Simplifying the Process to Increase Your Confidence
The calculation of discounts for lack of marketability (DLOM) can be a complex, confusing task. In this workshop, we will help attendees simplify the process and increase confidence in performing calculations by exploring the studies, databases, models, and methods used in the DLOM process.
The main feature of this workshop will be the presentation (by the authors) of the new Valuation Products and Services (VPS) Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide, along with detailed case studies. The new models include the VPS Restricted Stock Study Quintile Calculator (RSQC), which enables the user to adjust for differences in risk/volatility, holding periods, dividends, and Mandelbaum-type factors. The case study will also include a comprehensive look at various calculators, models, and templates.
The workshop will cover an examination of legacy restricted stock benchmark, pre-IPO studies, inspect analytical methods, and several well-known databases, including: FMV Opinions detailed restricted stock database, Pluris detailed restricted stock database, and Valuation Advisors detailed pre-IPO database.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Apply the various option calculators and other models and templates, including: VPS Restricted Stock Study Quintile Calculator (RSQC), Black Scholes/Chaffe Calculator, Finnerty Calculator, Ghaidarov Calculators, Longstaff Calculator, QMDM Template, Quantitative Methods Comparison Template, Illiquidity Premium Calculator, and C Corporation Equivalent Dividend Yield Calculator
- Differentiate among the most well-known restricted stock and pre-IPO databases, including: FMV Opinions, Pluris, and Valuation Advisors
- Analyze the various option pricing models, including: Black-Scholes/Chaffe, Longstaff, Finnerty, and Ghairdarov
- Evaluate various analytical methods, including: Wruck; Hertzel and Smith; Bajaj; Abbott; Ghairdarov; Katsanis; LEAPS; NERA CAPM and Mandelbaum-type analyses
- Assess the IRS DLOM Job Aid—Discount for Lack of Marketability Job Aid for Valuation Professionals
Back to Top
Newly credentialed business valuators who have obtained their valuation certification (CVA, CBA, ABV, ASA, etc.) in the last three years, and those who perform less than five valuations per year interested in advancing their valuation skills and developing new business opportunities.
Back to Top
CPE Hours—Live Classroom or Live Online Broadcast
For additional NASBA sponsorship information, including refund, complaint, and/or program cancelation policies, please click here.