EACVA News—Third Quarter 2022
News from the European Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Wolfgang Kniest, CVA
EACVA’s Co-Founder and Managing Director
We do our very best to take care!We are proud to be part of the GACVA Chapters family. The EACVA was founded in 2005, based in Frankfurt/Germany and is responsible for the European Business Valuation Professionals. After 17 years, EACVA has reached a new milestone. We are grateful for the trust that more than 1,000 members have placed in us. Many thanks to the NACVA, Parnell Black, Brien Jones, and Chanda Chuon for supporting us in such a professional manner. Eighteen years ago, I attended my first NACVA conference in Miami and asked a participant why he/she is a member of NACVA. The answer: “Because NACVA cares about us.” was impressive and pioneering for me. From the very beginning this was our goal also for our European members.
We learned so much from NACVA on planning and performing professional CVA trainings and conferences, publishing a business valuation magazine for practitioners, supporting our members with information and data sources, and much more. The major networking event for our European members is our annual European Business Valuation Conference, which will now take place for the 15th time on November 03 and 04, 2022in Vienna, Austria, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
This year's conference will again provide an exciting learning opportunity for more than 300 attendees to hear from some of the most renowned speakers in the business valuation field while connecting and networking with other valuation professionals. Keynote speeches will be held by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ulrich Blum on Outright Economic Warfare: Can It Be Contained? and Bradford Cornell, PhD, on ESG and Valuation. Besides this, we will offer eight workshop sessions in English on topics like:
- Challenges to Market Value—Alexander Aronsohn, FRICS | the International Valuation Standards Council IVSC, London UK
- Special Cases in the Valuation of Venture Capital Investments—Dr. Christoph Engel, CFA, CVA, FRM | Accuracy, Munich Germany
- Peer Group Selection Using Artificial Intelligence Technology—Prof. PD MMag. Dr. Stefan O. Grbenic, StB, CVA | University of Technology Graz Austria and Prof. ddr. Timotej Jagri? I University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Accounting Insights for Valuation Professionals: Red Flags and More—Dr. Kenneth Lee, CFA | the London School of Economics and Political Science, London UK
- Diving into Deals: Gain a Deeper Understanding of SME Transaction Databases and How to Use Them Effectively—Lari Masten, MSA, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA, CPVA, ABAR, MAFF | Masten Valuation, Denver USA
- Betanomics 2022: Some Dos and Don’ts of Dealing with Capital Market Data—Prof. Dr. Matthias Meitner, CFA | International School of Management / VALUESQUE, Munich Germany
- Time to Get Tangible about Intangible Assets—Henk Oosterhout, PhD, MBA | Kroll, Amsterdam The Netherlands
- Leasing and Valuation: Common Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them—Dr. Timo Willershausen| PwC, Frankfurt Germany
If you would like to learn more about our conference, the speakers, the venue, and the registration options, please visit www.valuationconference.de