| Accelerate Excel: Controlling Large Spreadsheets
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Computer Software & Applications
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA coined the phrase “Either you work Excel, or it works you!” Large spreadsheets often stress users in myriad ways. In this presentation David shows you a number of ways that you can manage large workbooks with aplomb.
Topics typically covered:
- See how to arrange two worksheets from within the same workbook onscreen at the same time.
- Avoid repetitive work by creating a keyboard shortcut for Excel’s Freeze Panes feature.
- Use the Watch window to easily monitor the ramifications of even minor changes to your workbooks.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu, as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts
- Learn the power–and the risks–of grouping worksheets.
Use Excel’s Custom Views feature to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with ease.
- Add a drop-down list to your Quick Access toolbar that allows you to toggle custom views on the fly.
- Use the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse
- Save time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel’s INDIRECT function.
- Master the versatile SUMIF function.
- Use the SUMIFS to sum value based on multiple criteria.
- Use Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
- Learn how range names minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and can store information in a hidden location
- Simplify formula auditing by way of the Apply Names feature.
- Restore “classic” Print Preview functionality to Excel 2007 and later.
- Learn tricks to simplify printing information from large workbooks or worksheets.
- Learn techniques that let you reduce the file size of bloated Excel workbooks.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Master Excel features that make managing large workbooks easier
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in improving their Excel knowledge
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
Mr. David H. Ringstrom is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career Mr. Ringstrom has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.