| Corporate Divorce Litigation—Understanding its Dynamics and Formulating Solutions
Program Type: VideoCast (Audio,Video, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: Learning activity level that provides a general review of a subject area from a broad perspective
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: One (1) Hour
Fields of Study: Business Law
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
This webinar will explore specific issues for litigation experts involved in complex business disputes for various types of ownership structures—C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, LLP, and Joint Ventures.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand nuances/differences between certain subject entity structures and application of relevant law
- Identify and understand issues experts need to know when crossing state lines to testify
- Review recent cases of interest
- Understand causation issues and the role of the expert
- Identify and understand various remedies available to litigants
- Understand various forensic and business valuation issues through shared war stories
- Recommend various techniques to avoid destroying the business and killing the golden goose
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CVAs, forensic accountants, consultants, and attorneys
Mr. Hubert Klein is a Partner in the Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group. With 30 plus years of experience, Hubert is frequently called upon as a technical resource in various litigation actions in complex damages, business valuations, due diligence analysis, fraud and forensic investigations, matrimonial proceedings, lost profit calculations, shareholder disputes, insurance claims analysis, and estate and gift planning. In addition, Hubert has served as an agreed-upon neutral
expert and as an expert witness appointed by judges in the above types of matters and to issue reports for the courts on these cases. He has also been appointed by various courts to serve as a Receiver, Provisional Director, Special Fiscal Agent and Court’s Independent Forensic Auditor in various civil litigation matters. He has presented to regional and national organizations, including the NACVA, AICPA, and various BAR Associations and business groups.