- Annual Consultants' Conference
- Business Valuation
- Business Valuation Certification and Training Center
- Intermediate Business Valuation Training Center
- Advanced Valuation: Applications and Models Workshop
- Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) Workshop
- Report Writing: Review and Analysis
- Current Update in Valuations (CUV)
- Business Valuation Report Peer Review—Case Analysis in Person (CAP) or by Webinar (CAW)
- Valuing Family Limited Partnerships Workshop
- Industry Standards and Ethics
- Financial Litigation
- Forensic Accounting
- Event Calendar and Online Event Registration
- Training Program Hotels Location and Information
- NASBA Sponsorship
- Cancelation Policy
Report Writing: Review and Analysis
|Program Description||Who Should Attend|
|How You Will Benefit||Dates and Locations|
|What You Will Cover||Pricing and CPE|
Best Practices to Bullet-Proof Your Valuation Reports
This engaging course is structured around the valuation engagement and report writing experiences of the attendees. As their specific issues are addressed, attendees will see examples of how to organize valuation reports, develop an enhanced table of contents, consider alternative formats and structures of reports, examine best practices, and use language that is most suitable to the specific engagement faced by the valuator.
It is incumbent upon the valuator to fully understand the standards by which his or her valuation report will be judged. Review standards are fully implemented in the business valuation profession, but few professionals know full-well how to apply them to their own valuation reports. Conventional report writing classes do not delve much into the review process. Report Writing: Review and Analysis includes those elements of the business appraisal review process that will make attendee’s valuation reports much better—readable, credible, and persuasive.
Applicants for the Certified Valuation Analyst® (CVA®) designations, and practitioners who hold a business valuation credential, will find the course instrumental in producing their case studies and demonstration reports for accreditation.
This course qualifies for 12 bonus points toward NACVA credentialed member recertification, in addition to course CPE.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Detect challenges in a formal business oral presentation
- Apply the elements of credible writing to business appraisal reports
- Recognize the features of excellent and problematic business appraisal reports
- Differentiate between scope and findings in an appraisal review report
- Recognize the features of excellent business appraisal reports, including: design, layout, graphics, and organization
- Identify language (grammar and content) useful for supporting subjective factors and typical valuation issues
- Apply inductive and deductive reasoning to support valuation conclusions
- Apply the principles of business appraisal review to the appraiser report writing process
Day 2: Writing the Appraisal Review Report
- Identify and develop review findings on an individual and team approach
- Apply the elements of business appraisal review to a business appraisal report
- Present findings and respond to challenges in a formal business oral presentation
- Prepare a written part of a business appraisal review report
This course is designed for all business valuation practitioners who want to improve the quality of their written appraisal reports and who are considering formal education in appraisal review. Accredited practitioners (CBA, CVA, ABV, ASA) interested in advancing their appraisal skills and developing new business opportunities, accredited practitioners acting as expert witnesses, and senior practitioners in charge of appraisal staff will greatly benefit from the skills taught in the course. Also, valuation practitioners representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and other regulatory agencies.
Back to Top
To register, select the date and location you'd like to attend and click the "Register Online Now" button for our online event registration. Contact Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009 for questions or registration assistance.
Early Registration Discounts
|June 18–19, 2018||Las Vegas, NV||
|November 13–14, 2018||San Diego, CA||
This course is from 8:30 a.m.–5:15 p.m. each day
This course is paperless. Attendees will be provided a link to course material that will be used during the course, so attendees will need a laptop with Internet access. The CTI will provide electric power and Internet access, but will not provide laptops. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless modem or hotspot device.
Back to Top
For more information regarding CPE, Program Levels and Fields of Study please click here.
On-Demand Option Available!
Report Writing: Review and Analysis is also available as an on-demand webinar.
Back to Top
|Report Writing: Review and Analysis Webinar|
|January 15–18, 2018|
|May 14–17, 2018|
|August 27–30, 2018|
|October 15–18, 2018|
|Pricing (Before Early Registration Discount)||Non-Member||Member|
|Four-day Webinar Series (9 Hrs CPE)||$600||$540|
Webinar CPE Hours
Back to Top