Ultimate Training Path to Excellence
Designed as a Pathway for new entry candidates to the business valuation and financial forensics profession for training development that if followed over a period of, say, three or four years, will take you, in racing slang, from zero to sixty. The Ultimate Training Path to Excellence is equivalent, in our opinion, to a collegiate master’s program but in business valuation/financial forensics.
If you are truly serious about a career in business valuation and financial forensics, and you follow this Path, you will have the foundation for a long, successful, and lucrative career. While on this Path you will be exposed to many of NACVA’s most successful members and instructors, and learn dozens of ways to gain the confidence required to be extremely effective promoting and selling your services.
The Ultimate Training Path to Excellence is outlined in the chart and will earn you two certifications—the Certified Valuation Analyst® (CVA®) and the Master Analyst in Financial Forensics® (MAFF®). CPE hours and retail non-member prices are also indicated. This program is available to all members and non-members for a discounted price if purchased with the Ultimate Training and Membership subscription.
If one wishes to follow the Ultimate Training Path to Excellence, the best option for discounted pricing is to subscribe to NACVA’s Ultimate Training and Membership (UTM), which is $3,995 (single-user10) if paid in advance annually, and $350 per month if paid monthly. A UTM subscription includes membership and recertification fees, and it includes any other NACVA sponsored training you wish to attend. However, it does not include either the CVA or MAFF certification exam fees, which are an additional $625 each. If one signs up for a UTM subscription agreeing to pay for two or more years, the certification exam fees are waived11.
- NACVA training to prepare candidates for our CVA exam.
- Business valuation report writing.
- This program is yet to be developed but will be in 2023, and available in 2024.
- In this course, members review and critique a valuation report written by another member and is an excellent way to develop and build one’s report writing skills. We recommend this program to be taken repeatedly because each time, one will gain exposure to a different type of report.
- NACVA training to prepare candidates for our MAFF exam.
- Learn how to write certain types of reports used in, and required in, some litigation and by the judiciary.
- Because the Ultimate Training Path starts with business valuation, we recommend as a first step, designees learn more about the litigation experience as it centers around business valuation. NACVA also offers Financial Litigation clinics on the following topics: Bankruptcy, Insolvency, and Restructuring; Business and Intellectual Property Damages; Business Interruptions and Lost Profits; Conducting Fraud Investigations; Cybersecurity; Matrimonial Litigation; Personal Injury; Wrongful Death.
- Current Update in Valuations is a highly recommended course for staying abreast of developments in the industry. Another timelier option is Around the Valuation World® (AVW), which is a monthly webcast addressing industry developments in real time. We recommend AVW as a way to stay on top of industry developments in lieu of or in addition to Current Update in Valuations.
- This course was recommended in Year 1, but because there are changes to the standards landscape every year, it should be taken every few years. Plus, in the context of litigation, designees must be on top of the standards landscape, otherwise, they will compromise their authority if called to the carpet, so to speak, in a litigation setting.
- Multi-user pricing is available.
Three and four-year commitments receive a 5% and 10% discount, respectively, off both the initial fee and the monthly fees thereafter.
For details and to sign up, contact Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009.