- Association News
- Past Issues
- CEO's Message—Fourth Quarter 2017
- Ethics Oversight Board (EOB) Message—Fourth Quarter 2017
- 2018 High Growth Study—Fourth Quarter 2017
- 2018 Annual Consultants' Conference—Fourth Quarter 2017
- NACVA and Surgent CPE Join Forces—Fourth Quarter 2017
- Outstanding Members—Fourth Quarter 2017
- Newly Credentialed Members—Fourth Quarter 2017
- Member News: Open Position for Advisory Associate—Fourth Quarter 2017
- The Value Examiner
- National Litigation Consultants' Review
- Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting
- Around the Valuation World®
- Call for Authors
Recertification Update—Second Quarter 2016
By Craig Casper
In 2016, NACVA is celebrating 25 years of service to the accounting and financial consulting profession. Building and maintaining a thriving Association and supporting our member’s success is quite an undertaking and, as we reflect on the past quarter century, we look to the next 25 years with great excitement, optimism, and appreciation for our members. Our members make this Association extraordinary, and for that, we thank you!
As quarter two rolls into quarters three and four, our Recertification Team is gearing up to assist and provide you with a streamlined and smooth recertification process. As I am sure you are aware, NACVA has a 60-point system, meaning you need to accrue 60-points over your three-year cycle. One point equals one hour of CPE. We do not require you to take any particular courses, however we do recommend a few that have been specifically designed for the Valuation and Financial Forensics professional. In addition to the CPE hours of these courses, you will also gain “bonus points” as well as see a reduction in your recertification fee. To gain all 60 points, here are a few options for your consideration:
- 36 hours of CPE, two (2) recommended programs (24 bonus points)—No recertification fee
- 48 hours of CPE, one (1) recommended program (12 bonus points)—$150 recertification fee
- 60 hours of CPE, no recommended programs (0 bonus points)—$300 recertification fee
These recommended programs include:
- Current Update in Valuations (CUV) (webinar or live seminar)
- Around the Valuation World® (webinar only)
- Case Analysis by Webinar (CAW) or in Person (CAP)
- Report Writing: Review and Analysis (webinar or live seminar)
- Litigation Report Writing Workshop (webinar or live seminar)
- Industry Standards Update (webinar only)
- Accredited in Business Appraisal Review Workshop™ (ABAR™) (webinar or live seminar)
Something new that NACVA is doing this year is offering “Recertification Bundles” at all of our Regional Specialty Conferences. The bundles are set up with special pricing to allow our members to meet all of their recertification requirements in one location and over just a few days. The Specialty Conferences give you the opportunity to attend specialized training that fits your area of practice or interest, and meet and network with like-minded analysts.
- Sept 19–24, 2016: Business Valuation and Healthcare Valuation Conference—Washington, DC
- Sept 26–30, 2016: International Business Valuation Conference—Toronto, Ontario
- Oct 24–29, 2016: Exit Planning, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Transaction Advisory Services Conference—New Orleans, LA
- Nov 14–19, 2016: Financial Forensics and Expert Witness Conference—Chicago, IL
- Dec 5–10, 2016: Financial Consultants’ Super Conference—Las Vegas, NV
In addition to the live training options, we have a full slate of online programs, both live and on-demand, where you can also fulfill your CPE requirements and still take advantage of the bonus programs.
Our Member/Client Services Team is here to make your recertification as smooth and simple as possible. If 2016 is your recertification year, you will hear from someone over the coming weeks from NACVA HQ to discuss your current situation and create a plan to complete everything by the end of the year. If this is not your year, I would still like to encourage you to call or e-mail and I can answer any questions you might have about the process. In one, 5-10 minute phone call, recertification can be something you can strike off your “to do” list.
Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your practice, and we look forward to continuing a long and mutually beneficial affiliation.