| Using the BIZCOMPS® Database to Value Small Businesses
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Experience developing value indications via the BIZCOMPS® database.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: One (1) Hour
Fields of Study: Computer Software & Applications
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
This webinar shows the development of macro-analyses of the entire BIZCOMPS® database that can be included in an appraisal for a specific company in order to produce a more accurate and convincing value indication. These macro-analyses address such matters as:
- Drawing comparables from different regions of the country
- Adjusting seller-financed transactions to their all-cash to the seller equivalent value
- Adjusting prior year transactions to their most current year equivalent value
- Determining an adequate sample size of comparables
- The correct way to calculate the average value of the comparables' Selling price/seller's discretionary earnings (SP/SDE) multiplier
- The six different SP/SDE multipliers that can be developed from the same comparable sample data
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Develop a more sophisticated, accurate, and convincing value indication for a small business based on the BIZCOMPS® database
Who Should Attend
Business appraisers, CPAs, attorneys, and judges
Toby Tatum, MBA, CBA, CVA, MAFF
After graduating from San Francisco State University with an MBA, Mr. Toby Tatum bought a small restaurant which he built into a chain of six restaurants, employing 275 people and serving one million customers a year.
Mr. Tatum sold his company in the early 1990s and relocated to Nevada to become a business broker and business appraiser. Mr. Tatum has published four books and many articles in the IBA's Business Appraisal Practice and Thomson/Reuter's Valuation Strategies.
Mr. Tatum is the first person approved by the Nevada Real Estate Division to teach their mandated Business Opportunity Brokerage Permit course. As of this date Mr. Tatum has provided the required pre-licensing training for approximately half of all Nevada business brokers.