| Business Valuation Reporting and Challenges in the Litigation Environment
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: Previous training or experience with the fundamentals of accounting, finance, economics, and business writing.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Three (3) Hours
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
|Sorry, this product is no longer available.
Business valuation professionals often find themselves drawn into disputes over the value of business interests. Minority and oppressed shareholder disputes, damage to business value, eminent domain, and failed business combinations are some of these situations calling for the expertise of the seasoned business valuation analyst. These Business Valuation in Litigation Webinars focus on the dynamics of business valuation conclusions and calculations in the context of litigation, controlling professional standards, notable case law, differing approaches to reporting in litigation, traditional and situation-specific standards of value, and other key issues impacting business valuation in litigation.
In these Webinars, attendees will gain an understanding of the legal environment in which valuation experts practice and the practical application of business valuation in various types of legal disputes. Attendees will also expand their knowledge of professional standards and focus on developmental and reporting standards as they apply under court rules and procedures. The Webinars will also focus on the importance of site visits, tips and techniques to employ when reviewing the opposing expert's report, why a critique of the opposing expert may not be enough, and what to do when the opposing expert is bound by different standards. Discussion will also address how to assist counsel with document requests and how to resolve issues dealing with a counselor who doesn't understand business valuation.
After completing this session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify standards of value and approaches peculiar to shareholder disputes and other related litigation-based valuations
- Apply legal concepts relating to business valuation to one's professional engagement
- Explain professional standards governing business valuation experts in litigation engagements
- Apply professional standards in the litigation environment
- Write an effective valuation report applicable to litigation engagements
- Identify the weaknesses of valuation reports in the litigation environment
- List principles of effective communication in litigation
- Apply litigation and communication skills in delivering deposition and trial testimony
- Describe the dynamics of litigation in business valuation matters
Who Should Attend
CPAs, valuation experts, economists, and other financial professionals who render services designed to assist in the resolution of legal disputes involving financial matters.
Michael Kaplan, CPA, ABV, CVA, MAFF
Brooke Liggett, CPA, CVA, MAFF
Dermot O'Neill, CPA, ABV, CVA, MAFF, ABAR, CFF
Francisco (Frank) Rosillo, CPA, ABV, CBA, CFF, BVAL, CVA, ABAR, MAFF
Please note: The above presenters may all be presenting at once or they may rotate.