| Financial Litigation Clinic—Matrimonial Litigation (133B)
Course CPE: 15 hour(s)
Field(s) of Study: Accounting–7 hrs; Auditing–1 hr; Finance–3 hrs; Personal Development–1 hr; Taxes–3 hrs
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: Previous training or experience with the fundamentals of accounting, finance, economics, and business writing. These individuals are often at the staff or entry level in organizations, although such programs may also benefit a seasoned professional with limited exposure to the area.
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
Advanced Preparation: None
A Certificate of Educational Achievement (CEA) will be awarded to course attendees who successfully complete and pass the exam.
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
|Part 1—Fundamentals of Matrimonial Litigation and How We Provide Services
Part 2—Forensic Accounting in Matrimonial Cases
Part 3—Organizing Your Work and Reporting Your Findings
Part 4—Valuation Issues in Matrimonial Engagements
Part 5—Tax Considerations in Divorce
This clinic focuses on the complete process of matrimonial litigation support, including: determining support, valuing assets, and distribution of assets. Covered within this clinic is valuation of marital assets, including closely held business and stock options, taxes for divorce and distribution, asset distribution, practice management issues, cryptocurrency considerations, and collaborative divorce strategies.
After completing the course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify data gathering techniques
- Interpret tax returns to determine economic income and identifiable assets
- Investigate financial records to uncover hidden assets and unreported income
- Identify how to perform an analysis of household spending
- Select the appropriate standard of value
- Identify appropriate valuation approaches and methods in family law matters Identify and implement optimal property distribution strategies
- Identify tax consequences related to income, support, and property distribution Identify digital asset holdings, such as cryptocurrency
- Identify how to expand your practice into matrimonial litigation alternatives such as collaborative divorce
For more information regarding refund or concerns, please contact our offices at (800) 677-2009.
The Consultants’ Training Institute (CTI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.