| Business Interruptions and Lost Profits
Course CPE: 10 hours
Field(s) of Study: Accounting—6 hours; Business Law—2 hours; Finance—2 hours
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites:Previous training or experience with the fundamentals of accounting, finance, economics, and business writing.
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Advanced Preparation: None
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
|Recording Date: October 14, 2019-October 18, 2019
This specialty track focuses on the foundations and fundamentals of business income and extra expense damages information provided. It includes alternative approaches and methodologies, notable insurance policy sections, foundational evidence and research sources, and reporting guidelines and strategies embraced by the most effective business damages experts.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Determine who can and who cannot work directly with the insured and why on a business interruption loss claim
- Determine whether a policy covers extra expense
- Identify what items to discuss with and what documents to get from the public adjuster
- Identify what items to discuss with and what documents to get from the insured
- Summarize expectations and deadlines with the insured
- Interpret relevant business interruption policy language
- Explain how the policy will impact the policyholder during the damage period
- Identify the time-period covered by the period of restoration
- Construct top down and bottom up damage calculations
- Calculate the business interruption/extra expense loss using both the Net Income and Gross Profit Methods
- Distinguish the difference between acceptable and non-acceptable extra expenses in the business interruption claim
Who Should Attend
Valuators, analysts, consultants, CPAs, attorneys