Four Pillars of Healthcare Valuation
Co-Sponsored by National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts®, Institute for Healthcare Valuation, and Health Capital Consultants
|Program Description||Who Should Attend|
|How You Will Benefit||Schedule|
|What You Will Cover||Pricing and CPE|
Market Forces Shaping the U.S. Healthcare Industry
This program bridges the interdisciplinary nature of healthcare valuation with the Four Pillars of Healthcare Valuation: regulatory, reimbursement, competition, and technology; the market forces shaping the U.S. healthcare industry; and the valuation of healthcare enterprises, assets, and services. The training will consist of basic valuation tenets, the valuation of both healthcare intangible assets and tangible personal property, and the classification and valuation of healthcare services.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe each of the Four Pillars and how they relate to each other within the healthcare industry
- Explain how supply and demand relate to the U.S. healthcare industry by articulating their effects on healthcare services and physician manpower
- Describe Porter’s Five Forces of Competition as they relate to the healthcare industry, and why healthcare is different from other industries
- Analyze the impact of government regulation, historical reform efforts, and the pressures and effects of market competition on hospitals, physicians, and the health insurance industry
- Identify various healthcare laws, as well as the regulatory bodies that enforce them
- Evaluate the different types of clinical technology and apply them to valuation issues in the healthcare industry
- Identify the types of public and private payors, as well as the methods of reimbursement that currently exist and are likely to exist going forward
- Define fair market value and commercial reasonableness, and differentiate the two separate and distinct thresholds
What You Will Cover
- Healthcare Valuation Certification Program Orientation
- The Valuation of Healthcare Enterprises in a Changing Reimbursement Environment
- Technological Advancements in the Healthcare Industry
- Competitive Forces in the Healthcare Industry
- Regulatory Overview for Valuation Professionals
- The Development of a Commercial Reasonableness Opinion
Legal professionals and healthcare providers, as well as those valuation professionals wishing to expand their scope of activities in healthcare valuation engagements and those seeking to enhance their current healthcare valuation service lines, will gain comprehensive knowledge through the expansive program.
Back to Top
To register, contact Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009 for upcoming course date, with questions or for registration assistance.
For additional NASBA sponsorship information, including refund, complaint, and/or program cancelation policies, click here.
|Four Pillars of Healthcare Valuation—Certificate of Educational Achievement|
A Certificate of Educational Achievement (CEA) in Four Pillars of Healthcare Valuation will be awarded to attendees who successfully complete and pass a short quiz administered at the conclusion of each day.
While the CEA is a valuable recognition of educational achievement that can enhance your professional development, there is no professional or other credential associated with the certificate, and certificate holders may not claim to be certified, licensed, accredited, or registered to engage in a specific occupation or profession.