- Live Webinars and Broadcasts
- The Global Understanding—Valuation for Financial Reporting
- Better Financial Statement Benchmarking with RMA Valuation Edition
- Blockchain—The basics, the applications, and the updates you need to know.
- Comparable Market Data Source Tips and Tricks
- Using the Cost of Capital Navigator’s New “U.S. Industry Module” to Support, Benchmark, and Strengthen Your Cost of Capital Estimates
- Using BVM Pro in the Real World
- Around the Valuation World®
- CPE Webinars On-Demand
- Surgent CPE Self-Study
- Important Webinar Information—FAQs
- Webinar Cancelation Policy
Learn How to Put the ESOP Valuation Pieces of the Puzzle Together Successfully
Co-Sponsored by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts® (NACVA®)
|Program Description||Who Should Attend|
|How You Will Benefit||ON-Demand Webinar|
|What You Will Cover||Pricing and CPE|
In the United States, approximately 53% of Baby Boomer business owners plan on exiting their business within the next 10 years. Historically, owners have either decided to wait for a private equity partner to acquire their business, transfer it to a family member, or work until the business closes. An attractive alternative to those options for some business owners would be a sale to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Under the IRC 401(a)(28)(C), a privately held business that is an ESOP must conduct an independent appraisal of its shares each time the ESOP acquires stock, at the end of year, and every year thereafter.
- Describe ESOP to their clients and how they work
- Identify the implications of the repurchase obligation in privately held ESOP companies
- Explain how to apply marketability discounts
- Demonstrate how the value drivers from the valuation report is invaluable to the owner and employees
What You Will Cover
Part 1: ESOP Valuation Basic Overview
Part 2: Understanding Repurchase Obligation
Part 3: ESOP Marketability Discounts
Part 4: The Odd Couple: ESOP Valuation and DOL Cases
Part 5: ESOP Valuation Case Study
On-Demand Webinar Coming Soon!
Contact Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009 for questions.
Webinar CPE Hours
For more information regarding CPE, Program Levels, and Fields of Study, please click here.