- Foundations of Business Valuation
- Current Update in Valuations (CUV)
- Report Writing: Review and Analysis
- Business Valuation Report Peer Review—Case Analysis in Person (CAP) or by Webinar (CAW)
- Industry Standards and Ethics
- Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) Workshop
- Intermediate Business Valuation Training Center
- Business Valuation Accelerator Workshop
- Advanced Valuation: Applications and Models Workshop
- Business Valuation Fundamentals for CPAs and Other Financial Advisors
- Specialized Business Valuation
- Foundations of Financial Litigation
- Specialized Financial Litigation
- Forensic Accounting
- Business Consulting
- Transaction Advisory Services/Middle Market M&A
- Healthcare Valuation
- Exit Planning
- Calendar and Online Event Registration
- Training Locations and Hotel Accommodations
- NASBA Sponsorship
- Cancelation Policy
Business Valuation Certification and Training Center
|Program Description||Who Should Attend|
|How You Will Benefit||Live and Online Schedule|
|What You Will Cover||Pricing and CPE|
The Business Valuation Certification and Training Center (BVTC) is offered via live-classroom instruction in cities throughout the U.S. and internationally, and is also available through live/online web broadcasts and self-study.
The training delivers the most comprehensive and complete foundational training teaching to the international body of knowledge on how to value private business enterprises and prepares attendees to pass any business valuation certification exam offered in the profession:
- Business valuation methodologies, approaches, and case studies
- Professional standards and ethics
- Specialty areas of valuation practice
Understanding and applying the generally accepted business valuation methodologies and approaches and adhering to professional standards that govern the business valuation profession, will put you in a stronger position to better serve your clients.
Certified Valuation Analyst® (CVA®)
Pathway to the Most Widely Recognized Business Valuation Credential
The Valuation Credentialing Board (VCB) does not require, accredit, approve, endorse, or recommend any education or training programs and/or products designed or intended to prepare candidates for CVA certification. The VCB has no involvement in the development or delivery of such programs or products.
NACVA's CVA Designation is Accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies® (NCCA®)
NACVA’s Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation is the only valuation credential accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), the accreditation body of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence™ (ICE™). The Institute for Credentialing Excellence’s mission is to promote excellence in competency assessment for practitioners in all occupations and professions. This prestigious recognition differentiates CVA credential holders as having met the most stringent standards in the industry.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental steps to valuing a business, from beginning to end
- Identify an appropriate valuation method within the valuation approaches based on the specific purpose and standard of value for a given valuation assignment
- Determine the most appropriate financial analysis of a subject company as it relates to a specific valuation engagement
- Identify the foundations of the business valuation analysis process as well as the value drivers that support a subject company’s value
- Recognize the differences in the various standards of value for businesses and the nuances of their application in a business valuation engagement
- Structure the elements of a valuation engagement from financial and operational analysis through to a conclusion of value
- Analyze financial and operational information for a business entity as it relates to a valuation engagement
- Differentiate the methods found in the three approaches to valuation—Asset, Income, and Market, and determine when it is appropriate to use each approach
- Identify methods and data sources for developing discount and capitalization rates
- Determine appropriate adjustments (i.e., premiums and discounts) to be applied to an indicated value
- Employ professional standards for the development and reporting of a valuation/calculation engagement
Back to Top
Day 3: Business Valuations—Applications and Calculations of the Income and Asset Approaches
- Determine a value using the Adjusted Net Asset Method under the Asset Approach
- Determine when it is appropriate to use a Capitalization of Single-Period Earnings Method vs. Discounted Future Earnings Method under the Income Approach
- Identify appropriate normalization adjustments to apply to a business entity’s balance sheet and income statement
- Calculate a normalized benefit stream under the Income Approach
Back to Top
Day 4: The Market Approach—Exploring the Pricing Component
- Recognize the theory behind the Market Approach including its rationale, standards of value, main methods, and governing principles.
- Identify the key challenges in the application of the Market Approach and explain the current best practices used by valuation practitioners in overcoming and/or minimizing these challenges.
- Determine when the use of the Completed Transaction Method and/or Guideline Public Company Method is appropriate under the Market Approach.
- Identify the steps in selecting guideline companies and completed transactions relevant to the Subject Company.
- Describe the most commonly used valuation multiples, their corresponding drivers, and applicability depending on what level of value is being sought.
- Explain the process of adjusting valuation multiples to account for differences in size, growth, and business risk.
Day 5 A.M.: Valuation in Action—Case Studies: Applying the Principles and Techniques
- Identify the key challenges, requirements, and nuances in conducting a valuation analysis for various special purposes.
- Identify the steps in the analysis and valuation of a company in a typical valuation engagement.
- Apply the three main valuation approaches—Assets, Income, and Market in a live case.
- Describe the key sections of a valuation report and how to connect the narrative to the quantitative analysis.
- Explain the process of reconciling the different indications of value in the valuation analysis.
Day 5 P.M.: Exam Preparation—CVA Proctored Exam and Peer Reviewed Business Valuation Report (Case Study)
Day 6: CVA Proctored Exam
The online five-hour proctored exam is given at all locations on the Saturday morning following the training.
Back to Top
Back to Top
To support candidate’s successful completion for both requirements for CVA credentialing, the following resources are included with registration fee.
- Online CVA Case Study Report Writing Clinic
- CVA Exam Q&A Study Guide
- Case Study Research Package
- CVA Case Study Mentor
- 60-Day Trial Subscriptions to KeyValueData, BVM Pro, and BVRW, Including Technical Supoort
View more information on the Credentialing Resources available
Back to Top
CPAs and financial consultants who wish to specialize in a non-seasonal consulting niche; employees of companies whose business plan includes growth/change via acquisitions and/ or divestitures; and anyone else who deals with business value in the course of his or her work.
Back to Top
Live Classroom and Live Online Broadcast Package Includes:
- Five Days of Training: Theory and Practice
- CVA Certification Exam (live or proctored)
- First-year NACVA Practitioner Membership
- Exam Q&A Study Guide (including domestic shipping)
- Report Writing Clinic
- Case Study Research Package and Mentors
- Data and Software Trial Subscriptions
To register, select the date and location you'd like to attend and click the "Register Online Now" button for our online event registration. Contact Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009 for questions or registration assistance.
|Six-Day Live Classroom Schedule|
Early Registration Discounts
|July 23–28||Washington, DC||5/31/2018||6/30/2018|
|August 20–25||San Diego, CA||6/30/2018||7/31/2018|
|September 24–29||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||7/31/2018||8/31/2018|
|October 1–6||Salt Lake City, UT||7/31/2018||8/31/2018|
|October 15–20||Washington, DC||8/31/2018||9/30/2018|
|October 29–November 3||Chicago, IL||8/31/2018||9/30/2018|
|November 12–17||San Diego, CA||9/30/2018||10/31/2018|
|December 10–15||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||9/30/2018||10/31/2018|
February 2, 2019
|Salt Lake City, UT||11/30/2018||12/31/2018|
|May 6–11, 2019||Chicago, IL||2/28/2019||3/31/2019|
|Five-Day Live Online Broadcast Schedule|
Early Registration Discounts
|August 20–24||San Diego, CA||7/31/2018|
|October 1–5||Salt Lake City, UT||9/30/2018|
|November 12–16||San Diego, CA||10/31/2018|
February 1, 2019
|Salt Lake City, UT||12/31/2018|
|May 6–10, 2019||Chicago, IL||4/30/2019|
|Self-Study Course Package|
|Price: $2,375 (Includes Course Materials, CVA Certification Exam, First-year NACVA Practitioner Membership, and Exam Q&A Study Guide [including domestic shipping].) Purchase the BVTC Self-Study Course Package here.|
Dates and locations subject to change.
This course is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.;
The exam on Saturday starts at 8:00 a.m. Please allow 5 ½ hours for completion depending on transition time in-between questions which does not count towards the total time allowed of five hours.
This course is paperless. Attendees will be provided a link to course material that will be used during the course, so attendees will need a laptop with Internet access. The CTI will provide electric power and Internet access, but will not provide laptops. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless modem or hotspot device.
Back to Top
Non-Member Package Pricing (Before Early Registration Discount)
|A la Carte (per day)||$650|
|CVA Certification Exam||$625|
|Q&A Study Guide (plus $10 domestic shipping)||$250|
|First-year NACVA Membership||$535|
Live Classroom or Broadcast Option Package: Five-day training, plus First-year NACVA Membership, Q&A Study Guide (includes domestic shipping) and CVA Certification Exam ($775 off retail price)
(45 Hrs CPE)
Ultimate Membership—Includes unlimited training, membership dues, and recertification fees. $335 per month. Click here for details.