| Goodwill—Why it Should Not be a Dirty Word in the Valuation of Physician Practices Wednesday, December 7
Program Type: VideoCast (Audio,Video, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Accounting
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
The topic of goodwill, and other intangible value in a physician practice acquisition, has received a lot of attention historically. There are very different viewpoints from reputable appraisers on how to value physician practices in the absence of cash flow after factoring in physician compensation. This presentation will discuss, from the perspective of the buyers and the sellers, why paying for goodwill and other intangible assets can positively affect a transaction and the ongoing future cash flow from the acquisition, and the impact regulations may have on your decision making. The webinar will present different acquisition and future compensation structures, and the ongoing future cash flow under the different scenarios.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Evaluate current market conditions for physician practices
- Evaluate fair market value considerations from the eyes of the seller and from the eyes of the buyer
- Determine how to bridge the gap between buyers considerations and sellers
- Recognize the impact of future physician compensation on the analysis
- Explain goodwill and intangible assets from a regulatory standpoint
- Identify valuation methodologies and considerations
Who Should Attend
Lisa Cribben, CPA, ABV, ASA, CMA
Ms. Lisa Cribben is a Partner at Wipfli LLP and has developed expertise in health care entities with over 17 years of experience. Ms. Cribben has written numerous articles and is a frequent speaker on valuation related topics. She has spoken at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants® (AICPA®) Business Valuation conference.