| Accelerate Excel: Financial Statements
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Computer Science
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
In this illuminating webcast, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shows you how to create dynamic accounting reports for any month of the year on a single worksheet. Excel users often set out to build a worksheet for each month of the year, which can be cumbersome to revise. As an alternative, David demonstrates how to use Excel functions, including VLOOKUP, OFFSET and SUMIF, to quickly create accounting reports that allow you to toggle to any reporting period with a couple of simple mouse clicks.
David also explains ways you can export data from your accounting package in order to create a “set-and-forget” link to your accounting data in Excel, how to incorporate Check Figures and Alarms into your work, how to use the Text to Columns feature to eliminate unwanted text, and much more.
David teaches from the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in one of his webcasts. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Create an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature
- Discover how to incorporate Check Figures and Alarms into your work
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function
- Learn a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function
- Learn why, in many cases, you should export reports intended for spreadsheet analysis to a .CSV file instead of an Excel workbook
- See how to use the Trusted Document feature in Excel 2010 and later to suppress the Data Connection security prompt
- Use Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods
- Use the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse rows and/or columns
- Use the Text to Columns feature to eliminate unwanted text without retyping or to separate text into columns
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Define how to create accounting reports for any month of the year on a single worksheet
- Apply a variety of Excel functions focused on helping you use Excel far more effectively
- State how to export data from an accounting package to create a “set-and-forget” link to accounting data in Excel
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who will benefit from learning how to create monthly financial statements in Excel more effectively
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
Mr. David H. Ringstrom is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career Mr. Ringstrom has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.