| Accelerate Excel: Internal Control
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Computer Science
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
In this comprehensive webcast, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shows you how to implement internal control features within your Excel spreadsheets. He uses a simple invoice form as a teaching aid to demonstrate various ways to control users’ actions within an Excel spreadsheet and to protect worksheets and workbooks from unauthorized changes.
David covers such topics as the IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions; the Data Validation feature; the VLOOKUP function; the hide and protect features; the SUMIF function; and Conditional Formatting.
David teaches from the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in one of his webcasts. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Compare and contrast IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions
- Create an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature
- Go behind the scenes in a workbook to check for worksheets that can’t be viewed or hidden from Excel’s primary user interface
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function
- Make it harder for a user to circumvent data validation and easy for you to identify when someone has attempted to do so
- Preserve key formulas using the hide and protect features
- Toggle the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut
- Use Conditional Formatting to color code your data, identify duplicates, and apply icons
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lookup formulas to find and access data automatically from lists
- Apply Excel’s Table feature to future-proof elements of your spreadsheet
- Define how to use Excel’s Data Validation feature to restrict data entry to a list of permissible choices
Who Should Attend
Practitioners seeking to simplify data entry, as well as those who develop spreadsheets for others to use and want to learn how they can prevent unauthorized changes
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
Mr. David H. Ringstrom is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career Mr. Ringstrom has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.