| Accelerate Excel: Excel 2016 Roundup
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Computer Science
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, covers the new features available in Excel 2016 during this informative webcast. He demonstrates how to simplify chart-related tasks, how to convert .XLS workbooks to the .XLSX format, and how to create interactive maps from Excel data with the free Bing Maps app.
In addition, he explains how to use the Flash Fill feature, the Recommended PivotTables feature, the Charts feature, the Slicer feature, the Quick Analysis feature, and how to overcome user interface annoyances by making simple adjustments. David shares information about new Excel 2016 charts, including Box and Whisker charts, Treemap charts, and Sunburst charts.
Once you understand how Excel 2016 differs from previous versions, you can avoid any pitfalls and frustrations you might have when working in this new version of Excel.
David teaches from the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in one of his webcasts. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Avoid disabled features by converting Excel 97–2003 files to modern workbook formats with ease
- Compare and contrast IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions
- Create interactive geographic maps from Excel data with the free Bing Maps app
- Cut through the tangles introduced by the revamped File menu
- Discover how to disable worksheet animation
- Discover new worksheet functions available in Excel 2016
- Discover the Flash Fill feature
- Discover the Recommended PivotTables feature
- Explore the Recommended Charts feature in Excel 2013 and later
- Filter pivot table data based on date ranges by way of the Timeline feature in Excel 2013 and later
- Illustrate financial statements in Excel 2016 with the new Waterfall chart feature
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature
- Learn about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later
- Learn how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks
- Overcome user interface annoyances by making simple adjustments to Excel’s options
- Understand how to use the Slicer feature to streamline data analysis within tables and pivot tables
- Use Box and Whisker charts in Excel 2016 to show data by quartiles and identify outliers
- Use Excel 2016’s Sunburst chart for displaying hierarchical data in a circular chart
- Use Excel 2016’s Treemap chart to visualize data based on relative size
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the differences in Excel 2016 from previous versions in order to avoid the pitfalls and frustrations than can result from a lack of understanding
- Recall how to use the Flash Fill feature, the Recommended Charts feature, the Slicer feature, and the Quick Analysis feature
- Define how to convert .XLS workbooks to the .XLSX format
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who are thinking of moving from an earlier version of Excel to Excel 2016 or those who already have upgraded
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
Mr. David H. Ringstrom is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career Mr. Ringstrom has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.