| Foundations of Financial Forensics Workshop Master Analyst in Financial Forensics™ (MAFF®) Credentialing Program
Recording Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Thirty (30) Hours
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Ten (10) recorded webinars
- MAFF® Certification Exam (Proctored)
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
Unlike most financial forensics training that tends to be general in scope, the Foundations of Financial Forensics Workshop provides attendees with an understanding of the professional responsibilities and legal underpinnings necessary to providing credible financial forensics services along with an overview of the highest growth areas of financial forensics practice. The nationally recognized and seasoned financial forensic experts who teach the program also dive into the methodologies and approaches for calculating damages, financial investigative and forensic accounting techniques, skills development for communicating with judges, attorneys, and juries, and practice building strategies that are being employed by successful and emerging financial forensic analysts. Training and certification in this field will greatly assist CPAs and other financial experts to build their practice in this rapidly growing financial consulting niche. The workshop teaches to the body of knowledge for financial forensics and prepares attendees to achieve the Master Analyst in Financial Forensics™ (MAFF®) credential. MAFF candidates can fulfill the foundational experience prerequisite with attendance at this workshop. The workshop teaches to the body of knowledge for financial forensics and prepares attendees to achieve the Master Analyst in Financial Forensics™ (MAFF®) credential. MAFF candidates can fulfill the foundational experience prerequisite with attendance at this workshop.
After completing these webinars, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the methodologies and approaches in a specialty area of financial forensics and how to integrate them in related proceedings
- Differentiate between generally accepted financial forensic methodologies
- Identify the elements of a report that meet the demands of the legal system
- Recognize and avoid pitfalls of incorporating financial evidence in a legal proceeding
- Recognize, implement, and apply legal concepts protocol to financial expert engagements
- Identify the responsibilities of an expert, from retention through resolution of the proceeding
- Specify the basics of the legal system and professional standards
- Distinguish between the role of the financial forensics analyst as a testifying and/or consulting expert
- Determine the conceptual types of lost profits, measures of loss, and methods to calculate lost profits
- Distinguish between the different types of specific financial forensic engagements
- Formulate effective and defensible lost profits and damages models in the context of litigation
- Explain the role of the financial forensics analyst in the investigation, standard of care, and determination of damages
- Employ proven techniques of practice management applicable to the financial forensics practice
Who Should Attend
CPAs, valuation experts, economists, and other financial professionals who render services designed to assist in the resolution of legal disputes involving financial matters. This training is geared toward the seasoned practitioner and utilizes state-of-the-art training techniques to maximize learning and retention. Less seasoned practitioners have much to gain also, because this training—challenging as it is—will broaden their perspectives and tune their skills for working effectively with legal professionals.
This Workshop is required to earn the MAFF® Credential though the workshop alone will not provide the credential alone, you will still need to complete the application, schedule a proctor exam and meet the qualifications. Please visit the link below for details.