| Building an M&A Practice
Program Type: VideoCast (Audio,Video, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Accounting
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
Efficiency in communications, branding, sales, and marketing whether you are launching a new M&A practice or looking for new ideas to become more effective in your approach to the market, this webinar is specifically designed with you in mind.
This webinar encompasses fundamental principles and practical applications, tried and proven approaches, and new ideas to help you grow your M&A business and further develop critical skills in sales and marketing in the investment banking arena. Topics include:
- The difference between sales vs. marketing and why this matters
- Why branding is important
- Predicting market segmentation and marketing your best prospects
- The best sales and marketing channels for M&A (tactics)
- Creating a strategic road map
- Prospecting and appointment setting—if not cold calls, then what?
- Winning engagements with great presentations and proper objection handling
After completing this session, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the process of lead generation in an M&A practice
- Identify various marketing approaches to generating deal flow
- Differentiate between the role of the generalist vs. the specialist in M&A advisory services
- Determine how to overcome objections and convert prospects to clients
Who Should Attend
- CPAs, merger and acquisition consultants, investment and financial analysts, investment bankers, financial officers, CEOs, and CFOs
William E. Offutt, III, JD, CPA, CVA, CMAP
Mr. William E. Offutt III is the Managing Principal of Offutt Advisory Ltd. He has over 30 years experience in business and tax planning, business valuations, litigation services, consulting and compliance services for businesses, organizations and individuals.
Before forming Offutt Advisory Ltd, he was a Partner at Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P. where he was the Partner In Charge of the Northern Virginia/Greater Washington office. He was a Principal of Offutt Childers & Putman, P.C., the accounting and consulting firm that merged into Cherry, Bekaert & Holland. He also spent seven years with Grant Thornton as a Tax Partner and ten years at Price Waterhouse.
In his career of service to clients, Mr. Offutt has focused on the key issues facing owners of growing companies and organizations. He provides solutions to complex business, management and tax problems. Mr. Offutt formerly was one of his firm’s national technical tax liaisons to the IRS National Office and the U.S. Treasury.
Mr. Offutt advises on tax matters, business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, succession and strategic planning, estate planning, choice of entity, partnerships and limited liability companies. He also performs litigation services.
He teaches, speaks and writes on business, tax, valuations, and mergers and acquisitions issues. Mr. Offutt has written tax alerts and created tax practice aids including an ESOP Manual, a Client Advisory Tax Services series, and Corporate Tax Planning Guides. He chaired the Greater Washington Board of Trade’s Tax Policy Committee and taught Business Tax Planning at American University.
Mr. Offutt has a Juris Doctorate degree from the College of William and Mary (Marshall Wythe School of Law) and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Georgetown University. He is a Virginia Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Valuation Analyst.
He is a member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Virginia Bar Association and the Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council.