| Accelerate Excel: Introduction to Macros
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites:Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Computer Software & Applications
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
In this webinar Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA helps you get started with the most powerful feature in Excel by far: Visual Basic for Applications. Master the macro recorder, and then get a list of recommended resources to further your knowledge. David will focus primarily on Excel 2007 and 2010, but will answer questions specific to other versions, such as Excel 2003 and Excel 2013.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Use Excel’s Macro Recorder to automate simple tasks such as cleaning up an accounting report file and formatting a list of phone numbers consistently
- Articulate the importance of the Use Relative References setting when recording macros
- Create a Personal Macro Workbook, so that macros can be used in any Excel workbook
- Simplify access to frequently used macros with keyboard shortcuts and macro buttons
- Share your macros with others and move macros between workbooks
- Explore the Excel’s programming environment, known as Visual Basic Editor
- Go a step beyond the macro recorder with some simple Visual Basic statements
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in improving their Excel knowledge
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
Mr. David H. Ringstrom is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career Mr. Ringstrom has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.