| Case Study: Using the Duff & Phelps Industry Cost of Capital Handbook to Provide Better, Defensible Cost of Capital Estimates
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: Previous training or experience with the fundamentals of accounting, finance, economics, and business writing.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: One (1) Hour
Fields of Study: Accounting
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
This webinar will cover how to use the Duff & Phelps Valuation Handbook—Industry Cost of Capital in conjunction with the Duff & Phelps Valuation Handbook—Guide to Cost of Capital to provide better, more complete, and more defensible subject company cost of capital analyses. It will also provide a hands-on case study showing an example for a subject company under $5M and include a discussion of why you really need to incorporate industry analyses into all valuation reports.
After completing this Webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate the difference between the information and data published in the Duff & Phelps "Industry" Handbook versus the information and data published in the Duff & Phelps "Guide" Handbook
- Combine (i) the information and data published in the Duff & Phelps "Industry" Handbook and (ii) the information and data published in the Duff & Phelps "Guide" Handbook to develop more defensible, more compelling valuation analysis reports. A hands-on case study showing an example for a subject company under $5M will be included
- Articulate why the inclusion of analysis of the industry in which his or her subject company resides is a critical component of valuation analyses
Who Should Attend
Business valuators and everyone needing to understand cost of equity
James P. Harrington
Mr. James P. Harrington is a director at Duff & Phelps providing technical support on client engagements involving cost of capital and business valuation matters, and is a leading contributor to Duff & Phelps’ efforts in the development of studies, surveys, online content and tools, and firm-wide valuation models. Previously, Mr. Harrington was director of valuation research in Morningstar's Financial Communications Business, and led the group that produced the Ibbotson SBBI Valuation Yearbook, Ibbotson SBBI Classic Yearbook, Ibbotson Cost of Capital Yearbook, various international cost of capital reports, and also Morningstar’s online Cost of Capital Resources Center.
Mr. Harrington is co-author of:
-Duff & Phelps Valuation Handbook—Guide to Cost of Capital
- Duff & Phelps Valuation Handbook—Industry Cost of Capital
- Duff & Phelps International Valuation Handbook—Guide to Cost of Capital
Mr. Harrington is also a contributing author to Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples, 5th ed. (John Wiley & Sons, 2014). Mr. Harrington is the creator of the online Risk Premium Toolkit. The Risk Premium Toolkit is the online companion of the Duff & Phelps Valuation Handbook—Guide to Cost of Capital.