| Fraud and Abuse Issues Related to Complex Fair Market Value Arrangements
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: One (1) Hour
Fields of Study: Business Law
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
The focus of the webinar is to understand complex fair market value/commercial reasonableness issues and how to successfully identify such issues and establish compensation arrangements that comply with the legal and regulatory requirements that are restricted due to the fair market value/commercial reasonableness requirements.
The webinar will focus on many different compensation arrangements with practical and operational advice on how to assess such arrangements from a fair market value perspective and implement such compensation arrangements with appropriate safeguards.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate compensation stacking
- Apply benchmark data
- Know when is it safe to exceed the benchmark data range
- Identify and evaluate call compensation issues
- Apply commercial reasonableness to compensation arrangements, including shifting of business risk
- Identify and evaluate productivity compensation issues
- Identify and evaluate mid-level provider supervision compensation
- Identify and evaluate stipends for hospital-based services (ER, anesthesiology, hospitalist, radiology)
- Know what is a defensible real-estate market assessment and how to apply one
- Know how to develop and manage compliant timeshare leasing arrangements
Who Should Attend
Chief executive officers, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, chief compliance officers, attorneys, auditors, and valuation consultants who focus on fraud and abuse issues
Robert Wade, Esq.
Mr. Robert Wade concentrates his practice in representing healthcare clients, including large health systems, hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, physician groups, physicians and other medical providers. His expertise includes representing clients with respect to the Stark Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act. Mr. Wade is nationally recognized in all aspects of healthcare compliance, including developing, monitoring, and documentation of an effective compliance program.
He has experience in representing healthcare clients with respect to issues being investigated by the Department of Justice and the Office of Inspector General as well as experience negotiating and implementing Corporate Integrity Agreements. Mr. Wade is also the creator of Captain Integrity (www.captainintegrity.com), a unique compliance program branding and education resource that has received national recognition and has been used by many hospitals, health systems, and other providers.