| Calculating Damages in Personal Injury I
Program Type: Recorded Webinar(Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Three (3) Hours
Fields of Study: Accounting
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
|This specialty track focuses on the elements and process of calculating damages in cases involving personal injury and wrongful death. Damages covered include: lost earnings or lost economic support, lost benefits, lost future medical expenses, and lost household services. The course focuses on the most recent literature and sources of information on multiple topics in these areas.
After completing this webinar series, attendees will be able to:
- Calculating a but-for earnings stream
- Calculating benefit rates
- Calculating worklife expectancy
- Determining appropriate discount rates
- Determining appropriate tax rates
- Offsetting lost earnings with mitigating earnings
- Calculating the value of personal consumption
- Determining the present value of future medical expenses
- Identifying and valuing lost household services
Who Should Attend
CPAs, valuation experts, economists, and other financial professionals who render services designed to assist in the resolution of legal disputes involving financial matters.