| Accelerate Excel: Building Better Budget Spreadsheets
Program Type: Recorded Webinar (Audio, PPT Presentation)
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous training or research on subject matter being taught.
Advanced Preparation: Experience Working with Excel Spreadsheets Is Recommended.
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
CPE Credits: Two (2) Hours
Fields of Study: Computer Software & Applications
Shipping Weight: 0lbs. 0oz.
Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, teaches participants how to create resilient and dynamic budget spreadsheets in this valuable webcast. He explains techniques and Excel features in order for you to improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, transform filtering tasks, and preserve key formulas.
To assist you with creating flexible, easy-to-maintain budget spreadsheets, David discusses the benefits of several Excel functions, including:
- IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR
- ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN
- SUM and SUMIF
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Comparing IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learning which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Learning how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Streamlining formula writing by using the Use in Formula command.
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
After completing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets
- Recall how to use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets
- Identify the Excel command that allows you to streamline formula writing
Who Should Attend
Practitioners seeking to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
Mr. David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).