- Foundations of Business Valuation
- Current Update in Valuations (CUV)
- Report Writing: Review and Analysis
- Business Valuation Report Peer Review—Case Analysis in Person (CAP) or by Webinar (CAW)
- Industry Standards and Ethics
- Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) Workshop
- Intermediate Business Valuation Training Center
- Business Valuation Accelerator Workshop
- Advanced Valuation: Applications and Models Workshop
- Business Valuation Fundamentals for CPAs and Other Financial Advisors
- Specialized Business Valuation
- Foundations of Financial Litigation
- Specialized Financial Litigation
- Forensic Accounting
- Business Consulting
- Transaction Advisory Services/Middle Market M&A
- Healthcare Valuation
- Exit Planning
- Calendar and Online Event Registration
- Training Locations and Hotel Accommodations
- NASBA Sponsorship
- Cancelation Policy
Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) Workshop
|Program Description||Live and Online Schedule|
|How You Will Benefit||Pricing and CPE|
|Who Should Attend|
The calculation of discounts for lack of marketability (DLOM) can be a complex, confusing task. In this workshop, we will help attendees simplify the process and increase confidence in performing their calculations by exploring the studies, databases, models, and methods used in the DLOM process.
The main feature of this workshop will be the presentation (by the authors) of the new Valuation Products and Services (VPS) Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide, along with detailed case studies. The new models include the VPS Restricted Stock Study Quintile Calculator (RSQC), which enables the user to adjust for differences in risk/volatility, holding periods, dividends, and Mandelbaum-type factors. The case study will also include a comprehensive look at various calculators, models, and templates.
The workshop will cover an examination of legacy restricted stock benchmark, pre-IPO studies, and several well-known databases, including: FMV Opinions detailed restricted stock database, Pluris detailed restricted stock database, and Valuation Advisors detailed pre-IPO database, and inspect analytical methods.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Incorporate the use of the DLOM Guide within valuation engagement management
- Apply the various option calculators and other models and templates, including: VPS Restricted Stock Study Quintile Calculator (RSQC), Black Scholes/Chaffe Calculator, Finnerty Calculator, Ghaidarov Calculators, Longstaff Calculator, QMDM Template, Quantitative Methods Comparison Template, Illiquidity Premium Calculator, and C Corporation Equivalent Dividend Yield Calculator
- Identify and understand the various legacy restricted stock benchmark studies
- Differentiate among the most well-known restricted stock and pre-IPO databases, including: FMV Opinions, Pluris, and Valuation Advisors
- Learn how to use and support the QMDM
- Compare and contrast the various option pricing models, including: Black-Scholes/Chaffe, Longstaff, Finnerty, and Ghairdarov
- Evaluate various analytical methods, including: Wruck; Hertzel and Smith; Bajaj; Abbott; Ghairdarov; Katsanis; LEAPS; NERA CAPM and Mandelbaum-type analyses
- Assess the IRS DLOM Job Aid—Discount for Lack of Marketability Job Aid for Valuation Professionals
Back to Top
Newly credentialed business valuators who have obtained their valuation certification (CVA, CBA, ABV, ASA, etc.) in the last three years, and those who perform less than five valuations per year interested in advancing their valuation skills and developing new business opportunities.
Back to Top
To register, select the date and location you'd like to attend and click the "Register Online Now" button for our online event registration. Contact Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009 for questions or registration assistance.
|One-Day Live Classroom Schedule|
Early Registration Discounts
|November 15||San Diego, CA||9/30/2018||10/31/2018|
|December 13||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||9/30/2018||10/31/2018|
|One-Day Live Online Broadcast Schedule|
Early Registration Discounts
|November 15||San Diego, CA||10/31/2018|
Courses generally begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 5:15 p.m.
This workshop is paperless (except printed book). Attendees will be provided a link to course material that will be used during the course, so attendees will need a laptop with Internet access. The CTI will provide electric power and Internet access, but will not provide laptops. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless modem or hotspot device.