- Association News
- Past Issues
- CEO's Message—First Quarter 2018
- State Chapter News—First Quarter 2018
- NACVA Responds to the IRS on the Definition of "Qualified Appraiser"—First Quarter 2018
- Call for Article Opportunities—First Quarter 2018
- Outstanding Members—First Quarter 2018
- Newly Credentialed Members—First Quarter 2018
- In Memoriam: Bob Cimasi—First Quarter 2018
- In Memoriam: Jim Atkins—First Quarter 2018
- The Value Examiner
- National Litigation Consultants' Review
- Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting
- Around the Valuation World®
- Call for Authors
Past Issues: Association Outlook—First Quarter 2015
Innovating, Streamlining, and Executing Strategies to Help Our Members!
By Brien K. Jones, Chief Operations Officer and Executive Vice President
As NACVA nears its 25-year anniversary in 2016, the headquarters staff in Salt Lake City has been busy. We’ve been diligently working to position NACVA for continued growth by designing, streamlining, and innovating programs that will contribute to the success of our members. Here are a few of the initiatives that are currently available and ones that will be launched this year.
Practice Support Headquarters
Answers. Resources. Solutions.
Launching Second Quarter 2015
This website will focus on providing answers, resources, and solutions to the most common challenges faced by our members, including:
- What assistance is available to complete the credentialing process for the CVA, MAFF, and ABAR designations?
- What mentoring and training is available for authoring and reviewing reports?
- What are the recommended steps to moving forward in an industry or area of specialty?
- What are the best practices and advice for building my referral network and generating more revenue for my practice?
- What resources and education can help build my technical confidence?
- How can I find a mentor?
New Member Network™
Fostering the next generation of business valuation and financial forensic practitioners.
Launching Second Quarter 2015
The New Member Network™ is a community of established and seasoned practitioners, along with young and newly credentialed members that will focus on enhancing the new member experience. Activities will include the opportunity to participate in the exclusive NACVA member-only NACVA Nation LinkedIn group, free monthly practice management and technical webcasts, and sourcing opportunities to increase your credibility as a subject matter expert through authoring, presenting, instructing, and getting involved as an industry leader.
Member Profile Survey
We want to better serve you. Help us help you!
We have launched an ongoing campaign to get to know you better through an extensive member survey. The information gleaned from these surveys will help NACVA customize the information it sends to you, develop future training and certification programs, create programs and resources support your success, and shape NACVA’s ongoing strategic marketing efforts to position CVAs, MAFFs, and ABARs as the credible, reliable, and highly recognized experts they are. Complete all sections of your Member Profile Survey to receive 20,000 Pacesetter Awards valued at $200.
- Personal Data
- Needs Assessment
- Educational Pursuits
- Association Experience
- Nature of the Business
- Future Perspective
- CPA Specific
300+ recorded webinars at your fingertips!
A pioneer in online education since 2007, NACVA continues to produce nearly 300 live webinars a year. NACVA records many of its live courses, which are then archived in the CPE On-Demand portal where you can search topics by keyword, presenter, and date. These recorded webinars cover the full spectrum of the business valuation and financial forensic profession and qualify for CPE credit.
- Free Webinars
- Business Valuation
- Database and Software
- Exit Planning
- Expert Witness
- Financial Forensics
- Healthcare Consulting
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Practice Management
- Valuation for Financial Reporting
- Around the Valuation World
- Online Business Valuation Accelerator™
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics™ (MAFF™)
- NACVA Recertification On-Demand
2015 Region Conferences
Bringing the industry’s masters and emerging leaders closer to you.
NACVA and the CTI’s Annual Consultants’ Conference, typically held each June, is well-known for delivering the profession’s latest updates, theories, methodologies, applications, and approaches, in addition to organizing exceptional networking events. In 2015 we are taking the show on the road, producing regionalized conferences to make the exceptional education and networking events more accessible to the membership. These events will also be broadcast online, so you can view them from your office or home, and also competitively priced, so you can view and participate in the sessions with your firm and colleagues. Mark your calendars and save the dates for these specialized regional conferences. Be on the lookout for our 2015 Call for Presentations if you would be interested in submitting a presentation proposal for one or more of these conferences:
June 24–27, New Orleans, LA
Annual Consultants’ Conference
September 15–16, Philadelphia, PA
Business Valuation Conference
October 19–20, Houston, TX
Financial Forensics, Litigation Consulting, and Expert Witness Conference
November 17–18, San Diego, CA
Exit Planning, Healthcare Valuation, and Transaction Advisory Services Conference
December 8–9, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Business Valuation, Healthcare Valuation, Litigation Consulting, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Transaction Advisory Services Conference
Wish to get involved? Have ideas or suggestions that would enhance your member experience? I invite you to call (800) 677-2009 or e-mail me at any time!