- Annual Consultants' Conference
- Business Valuation
- Business Valuation Certification and Training Center
- Intermediate Business Valuation Training Center
- Advanced Valuation: Applications and Models Workshop
- Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) Workshop
- Report Writing: Review and Analysis
- Current Update in Valuations (CUV)
- Business Valuation Report Peer Review—Case Analysis in Person (CAP) or by Webinar (CAW)
- Valuing Family Limited Partnerships Workshop
- Industry Standards Update
- Financial Litigation
- Forensic Accounting
- Industry Specialty SuperConferences
- Event Calendar and Online Event Registration
- Training Program Hotels Location and Information
- NASBA Sponsorship
- Cancelation Policy
Current Update in Valuations (CUV)
|Program Description||Dates and Locations|
|How You Will Benefit||Pricing and CPE|
|Who Should Attend|
Essential Updates on Recent Valuation Trends, Techniques, and Opinions
The primary objective of this interactive course is to deliver training and tools for you to produce a strong, defensible work product that will lead to increased confidence in your opinions. The course provides critical education from the foundation up by revisiting the core body of knowledge for business valuations.
The course incorporates “what’s new” in the valuation industry and relates it to the everyday practical work product. It weaves current and ongoing developments and the essentials outlined in Revenue Ruling 59-60 with a comprehensive understanding of recent valuation trends, techniques, and opinions. It promotes active discussion between the instructors and attendees encompassing a wide range of topics, including: practice development, financial statement analysis, cost of capital, valuation approaches, discounts and premiums, federal and state case law, an update on industry and professional standards, calculation and conclusion of value, roles valuators play, and valuation report analysis.
This course qualifies for 12 bonus points toward NACVA credentialed member recertification, in addition to course CPE.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Determine which state and federal case law precedents guide valuation issues
- Recognize professional and industry standards
- Identify changes to tax code, regulations, and court decisions
- Differentiate between a calculation of value and a conclusion of value
- Identify various products valuators can offer to their clients
- Detect size risk, which is considered throughout the entire business valuation process, so as to avoid duplication of risk associated with size
- Recognize specific considerations in the identification and determination of personal goodwill in business valuations
- Identify the do’s and don’ts of writing an effective report
- Recognize how industry standards and any changes will impact your practice
Back to Top
Early Registration Discounts
|December 4, 2017||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||9/30/2017||10/31/2017|
|December 11, 2017||San Diego, CA||10/31/2017||11/30/2017|
|December 16, 2017||San Diego, CA||10/31/2017||11/30/2017|
|January 22, 2018||Las Vegas, NV||11/30/2017||12/31/2017|
|June 19, 2018||Las Vegas, NV||N/A||N/A|
|August 20, 2018||San Diego, CA||6/30/2018||7/31/2018|
|October 1, 2018||Salt Lake City, UT||7/31/2018||8/31/2018|
|October 29, 2018||Chicago, IL||8/31/2018||9/30/2018|
|November 12, 2018||San Diego, CA||9/30/2018||10/31/2018|
|December 10, 2018||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||9/30/2018||10/31/2018|
|January 28, 2019||Salt Lake City, UT||11/30/2018||12/31/2018|
Live online broadcast from this location is also available. Visit the Online Learning page for details and registration.
This course is from 8:30 a.m.–5:15 p.m.
This course is paperless. Attendees will be provided a link to course material that will be used during the course, so attendees will need a laptop with Internet access. The CTI will provide electric power and Internet access, but will not provide laptops. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless modem or hotspot device.
Back to Top
Pricing (Before Early Registration Discount)
Live training pricing valid through March 31, 2018.
|One-day Course (8 Hrs CPE)||$600||$540|
For more information regarding CPE, Program Levels and Fields of Study please click here.
On-Demand and Self-Study Options Available!
Current Update in Valuations is also available as CPE On-demand webinar course and via self-study.
Back to Top